Little children can create a huge number of incredible home adventures. One of the most dangerous places in the house for any child is the kitchen, of course. It’s full of interesting things, unsolved mysteries and very dangerous gadgets for a child!
When we’re busy, it’s hard to keep an eye on a kid who is with you in the kitchen, surrounded by knives, hot pots, and sharp corners. But it turns out that all the worst can be easily avoided if turn the process of protecting the kid into a fun activity. So, how to make your cooking area safe for a kid? We’ve prepared for you a kitchen planning guide which will help you to do this.
If you plan to renovate your cooking area, you can use kitchen planning software which can be found on the internet. Using a kitchen planning tool will allow you to create the kitchen of your dream. Just choose and download an online planner and make your cooking area perfect.
Providing Safety in the Kitchen
Affordable and simple devices can help to make the kitchen safe for children. Safe kitchen planning implies buying safe kitchen appliances. When buying kitchen appliances, pay attention to the protective functions for children.
- Buy different blockers for any doors in your kitchen.
- Do you have this induction cooker? It is a great way to protect your child from a burn. If you don’t have such a cooker – stick to the simple rule – cook your meals as far as possible from the edge of the cooker.
- Wires of electrical appliances mustn’t be accessible to the child.
- All the plates that can break, as well as all the cutting and stabbing objects, are being removed as high as possible and as further as possible.
- Don’t forget to buy protectors to protect your child from sharp corners.
Find a Safe Activity
Find a safe activity for your child:
- If you involved in safe kitchen planning, buy a plastic knife for your child. In this way, you can ask him or her to do different tasks such as cutting cheese or soft fruits and vegetables.
- Your children also can wash vegetables and fruits, place the things on the table and so on.
Here are some more examples of interesting activities for children in the kitchen:
- to draw on a chalkboard attached on the fridge,
- to search for treasure (for example, beans or candy) in a bowl of cereal,
- to make his or her own zoo from the vegetables and so on.
Another type of activity that will be beneficial and joyful for a kid is an imitation. For this purpose, you can use such kitchen planning ideas as children’s kitchenette. Leave a place in your kitchen and arrange a child’s kitchenette. Place a low table for your kid and provide him or her with toy dishes and products. Planning a kitchen remodel, don’t forget about your child!
The guarantee of safety is not only all of the above-stated methods; the main thing is the attention of parents, as well as conversations with the child on the safety rules and behavior in the kitchen. You mustn’t forbid, you must explain to your child the risks and rules of safe being in the kitchen.
What methods did you apply to make your kitchen safe for a child? What can you advise to parents? Share your kitchen safety experience.
Author bio: Joshua Sherman is an educator with extensive working experience and a father of two kids. In this article, he shares his tips on how to create a safe cooking area for the children while they play mobile casino games in the kitchen.