When we refer to electricians, we usually refer to the people whose tradecraft specializes in the installation and the maintenance of the wiring of a building, as well as the number of electrical systems that are present in that building. These can even include the lighting and computer security systems.
An electrician can be considered as a tradesperson who specializes in the wiring of buildings, machines, equipment, and also transmission lines. Also, they are able to repair any machines or equipment. They can specialize in the wiring of vessels like ships, airplanes and automobiles. These can also include cables and data lines. However, people may face some problems in their electrical layouts and they need to hire a licensed electrician in this regard.
But, you must choose the electricians according to their specializations. For example, you can hire a commercial electrician for maintaining your business property like shopping malls, commercial buildings, warehouses and shops. Similarly, you can hire an automobile electrician for your car because vehicles are designed with some complex electrical systems.
Different Types Of Electricians Available Online
Generally, the electricians can be divided into many new categories:
A commercial electrician has got the training and is appropriately licensed for working on the various electrical and wiring systems of the commercial properties rather than the residential buildings. That is why they are known as commercial electricians. They are used to working with systems that are much bigger generally found in large commercial buildings such as malls, restaurants, offices, government buildings, and even skyscrapers.
Similar work category of commercial electricians, but they work in various types of residential dwellings. They can install new electrical layout in your newly constructed residential building and they can fix any issue of your house.
The electricians who can perform tasks such as installation and maintenance of different types of electrical components and various types of machinery are known as industrial electricians. These factors can include the aspect of working under high voltage locations of industry.
Low Voltage Electricians:
Just as the implication from their name, they are usually associated with aspects using low voltage such as data, video, voice networks, and other systems. They are termed as VDV or the Voice-Data Video electricians. These electricians usually focus on the fiber optic cables and the phone lines, and they are working in networking.
In many places, these categories can be mixed or compressed to group together and make shorter versions of it. For example, some can combine residential and commercial electricians. Moreover, the electricians can again be sub-divided into a further number of categories depending on their training and experiences.
- Apprenticeship: The electricians who are in training and can work under the supervision of the supervisors.
- Journeyman: After the completion of the apprenticeship, this status is given to electricians.
- Master: Those electricians who have years of experience in their field can come under this category.
General Duties And Tasks That Electricians Usually Perform
Here is a list of some of the particular jobs that the electricians typically perform daily in the field.
- The primary connection to the residence or the building and the control panels associated with it.
- Lighting- light switches, light fixtures, outside lighting, and closet lighting.
- Electricity for aspects like air-conditioning, ventilation, and ceiling fans.
- Power-outlets installation and configuration.
- The aspect of ground connection on these outlets.
- Circuit for the air-condition and heating units
- Circuit for hot-water systems.
- Circuit breakers and breaker box panels
- Various low voltage requirements on aspects like data, voice, and video cables.
Electricians play a very vital role in our community. They look after the aspects of every electrical connection and repair and maintenance of it.
Author Bio: I am Holly Jacob, a passionate and qualified blogger. I write a unique and trendy article for readers on topics related to Home Improvement, Pet, Food, Automotive, Business, Health, Lifestyle etc.