Keeping hardwood floors clean might be an awful task many times. But having hardwood floors in your house gives an aesthetic look to your house and are sold at a high reselling price. A house with the hardwood floor gives a perfect finish to your house and adds value to it.
But keeping the floor clean is also an art. Otherwise it might have hard watermarks, scratches and many more which will give an unwanted look to your house. Hardwood floors should be allowed for refinishing. When it has a lot of unwanted scratches and marks, refinishing is the only way to give a new and shiner look to your hardwood floored house.
In this article, we will talk about how to clean your hardwood floors perfectly and give them a complete shine.
Let’s find out how to keep hardwood floors clean
To prevent the floor from getting permanent hard watermarks or marks of liquid spills, wipe the floor clean soon after something is split on the wooden floor.
The floor should not have any scratches. You have to keep your hardwood floors just like the floor finishers had done it. So to keep it clean you must clean the floors daily with vacuum cleaners or with dusting mops.
The mock must be cleaned and should not redistribute the dust on the floor. All the dirt must be removed so that they do not cause scratches on the floor.
You can use a slightly wet mop for cleaning dusty and muddy floors. If you have not cleaned the floors for about a week, do use a wet mop to clean all the sticky mud particles.
After using a wet mop do not forget to complete your cleaning with a completely dry mop or a microfiber mop. In this way, the cleaning lines will not mark the ground.
Hardwood flooring can be easily refurbished and refinished whenever needed.
Tips to remember for Hardwood Flooring
- If you are installing a hardwood flooring in your house it must be installed properly and should be nicely sealed.
- Its seal should be proper so that water does not penetrate from under the wooden flooring.
- Scratches, traffic wear and tear, liquid spills are very common in a house but a solid hardwood with a top coat which is perfectly sealed.
- Hardwood flooring is sometimes very delicate and can even have scratches on pets ‘ toenails or scratches from dust. In that case, you must have a highly engineered hardwood flooring in your house. This will not affect much by the daily wear and tear of the house.
- The hardwood flooring must be finishable. In the refinishing process, the thin upper layer of the flooring is removed and a new layer is installed or a coat of vanishing is done on the existing hardwood floor.
- Some secret tips to keep your hardwood floor shining is mixing some vinegar with lukewarm water to prevent it from getting damaged by water.
Hardwood floors are very attractive and add aesthetic value to any home. But maintaining it is again a burden. No more will it be a burden because I have told you the tips and tricks to maintain a shining hardwood floor of your house.
You must always use a wood floor cleaner for cleaning. Cleaning the wood floors is a difficult process. First, you have to clean it with liquid soap and warm water. Then you have to wipe the floor with a slightly wet mop and finally, you have to dry the floor with a completely clean and dry mop.